Thursday, October 05, 2006

Is this how I'm supposed to be writing?

I give you the following:

By FRAZIER MOORE AP Television Writer

NEW YORK Oct 4, 2006 (AP)— "Lost" settled a few questions sort of while posing many more on the premiere of its third season Wednesday.


Do you see this syntax? This would be like me saying, "I should be starting math sort of but I'm at the computer freaking out over an AP writer's sentence structure."

I'm not a grammar nazi. It's one thing to leave out correct capitalization and punctuation on your emails or text messages. But I've noticed that national publications are getting sloppy, as well. And this is scary. Once the papers forget the rules, you forget the rules, we'll forget the rules, it'll be anarchy!

That's all.

http://here-in-idaho.blogspot.com/

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I'm not a grammar nazi."

Says the girl that directly linked to on Grammar Hell

Will

10/05/2006 11:12:00 AM  
Blogger Will said...

Alright. So I am a grammar nazi. So? do u want us 2 all b ritin lik this?& do u?

10/05/2006 11:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suck at grammar but obvious crap like that annoys the hell out of me.

10/07/2006 07:09:00 AM  
Blogger Angel said...

No, I like the way you write already. The AP is low on applicants apparently. Hey, maybe I could get a job there now! Sweet.

Oh and I love your new look! You changed yours before mine! WOW! Contact the AP wire. The header might read something like

"Here in Idaho sort of has changed its look before the Drama Queen sort of changed hers in a manner of speaking sort of."

10/07/2006 09:59:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this how I'm supposed to be writing?
___________________
Julie
Lock in your price today for Your favorite

channels - and keep it there until 2010!

7/21/2009 02:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This is Who I Am

Kristi From Texas
Site Feed Site Feed

Site Feed

This is Who I Read

Chicky Chicky Baby
Miss DQ
Eva Las Vegas
Minivan Mafia
Suburban Turmoil
Izzy Mom
FlipFlop Mama
All Rileyed Up
Frog and Toad are Friends
Irreverent Antisocial Intellectual
RolloverSucka.com
Sanity, Interrupted
Miss Snark
The Daily Hasselhoff
Midnight Therapy with Crystal

Image hosting by Photobucket
Join BloggerChicks
Top  Blogs

This is Paying Me Nothing